Raising food and funds in the community is one of our favourite activities. It is both crucial to what we do and a fantastic way of increasing awareness of the challenges many people face meeting their food needs.
There are many ways to donate food!
Food and Fund Drives are a great way to raise community spirit within your organization, group or school.
Registering a food drive
To host a Food Drive please complete our online form in order for us to best support your work. We have a number of supplies we can provide to you from boxes to posters and information leaflets.
Due to the volume of Food and Fund Drives requests, we try to respond within 3-5 business days. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
You can now also shop online for the food bank with our new Virtual Food Drive. Set your team a fundraising target and share your own online dedicated fundraising page with others to help support your initiative.
Supply Pick-up and Donation Drop-off
You can help maximize the Food Bank’s resources by picking up your Food and Fund Drives supplies at our office and/or dropping off your food donations at our warehouse, both located at 1150 Raymur Avenue, Vancouver, BC.
We are open Monday to Friday: Warehouse hours are from 7:00am – 3:00pm.
Please note: we are committed to respecting the privacy of our members. Locations are intended for the use of our food bank members. We do not accept donations at our individual food bank locations.
Monetary donations can be made in person, by mail, by phone or online. Cheques should be made out to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
Supply Delivery and Donation Pick-up
Our drivers operate between 7:00am and 2:00pm Monday to Friday in the following communities:
- Monday – Vancouver and North Shore
- Tuesday – Burnaby and New Westminster
- Wednesday – Vancouver
- Thursday – Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster
- Friday – Vancouver, North Shore
Please note: Due to limited staff resources, we are unable to accept requests for specific supply drop-off or donation pick-up times.
- Should you be unable to arrange drop-off food donations, we can schedule a pick-up when you have 10 or more full food donation boxes.
- When donations are being picked up, please ask to see Greater Vancouver Food Bank identification from the individual who arrives for pick ups
- Due to liability issues, we are unable to deliver supplies or pick-up donations from private residences.If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Food Drive Coordinator at 604-216-3083.
You can drop off non-perishable food items at participating grocery stores in Vancouver, Burnaby and the North Shore or at the Food Bank office at 1150 Raymur Avenue.
If you have more than one box, please go to the end of our building to the loading dock, and a staff person will be happy to help you with your donation. The warehouse is open Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm.