Government and non-profit organizations, as well as corporations provide possible sources for funding your kitchen.
BC Hydro: Sponsorships and Donations
• BC Hydro provides grants and in-kind support to registered charities and not-for-profit organizations who meet outlined criteria.
• Applicants may request one-time funding or multi-year agreements up to a maximum of 3 years.
• BC Hydro sponsorships support community activities and programs that form partnerships to strengthen BC communities.
• Visit Canadian Heritage to view an alphabetical list of funding programs.
Community Gaming Grant (BC Ministry of Housing and Social Development, Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch)
• Community gaming grants provide funding to eligible organizations for direct delivery of approved, ongoing programs to their communities.
• Funding to a maximum of $100,000 annually may be approved for any combination of program costs and minor, capital-project costs.
• For province-wide programs, funding to a maximum of $250,000 annually may be approved.
New Horizon for Seniors Program
• Organizations that want to help seniors make a difference in the lives of others and in their communities are eligible to receive federal grants and contributions funding.
Employment and Social Development Canada
• Learn about the funding opportunities (grants and contributions) that are offered by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), the Labour Program and Service Canada by browsing their site
Non-profit Organizations and Private Corporations
Coast Capital Savings: Funding Programs
• Coast Capital Savings offers a number of different funding opportunities.
• The Epicure Foundation™ Grant Program makes financial and in-kind donations to grassroots initiatives that support food security.
Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island: Apply for Funding
• Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island invests in programs that support children and youth with disabilities and health challenges across Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
RBC: Apply for Funding
• RBC is dedicated to working with charitable organizations that share their goal of helping to make a difference in local communities and regions.
Telus: We Give Where We Live
• TELUS has a goal of being a leading corporate citizen and making a positive difference in the communities that it serves.
United Way: Find Your United Way
• The United Way invests in projects that focus on prevention and early intervention of issues that lead to social problems.
• For more information, contact the regional United Way centre nearest you.
• Vancity has a number of different funding opportunities for groups working to achieve positive social and environmental change in British Columbia.
Vancouver Foundation: Grants to Our Community
• The Vancouver Foundation funds a wide variety of community projects and programs.