The Event Team Lead is a dynamic, take charge, outgoing and self-motivated individual who works on call with the primary mission of fulfilling the successful execution of an event in support of the Greater Vancouver Food Bank. This individual works with, engages and directs volunteers from diverse backgrounds and recognizes they are a brand ambassador and as such abides by the policies, processes and agreements as set by the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
To be successful in this role, the individual must be highly organized, an effective multi-tasker, a go-getter who needs minimum supervision, and focused on delivering an excellent outcome. An out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver, someone with well-developed communication skills, diplomacy, sound judgment and professionalism are paramount in this service role.
The Event Team Lead must be able to work flexible hours including weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Familiarizes themselves with the event, and the programs, services and vision and mission of the GVFB;
- Attends briefings and trainings as required to ensure the successful execution of an event;
- Gathers and picks up supplies and equipment needed for events, set-up and tear down, and is responsible for the safe return;
- Drives GVFB branded vehicle to and from events, as required;
- Works at different locations throughout Vancouver, inside and outside; leads the set up/take down and safe return of GVFB booth and equipment;
- Manages the collection of both food and cash donations while on-site at community events;
- Manages and supervises on-site event volunteers;
- Responsible for cash donations on event day; including training volunteers;
- Assists with day of event social media promotions in coordination with GVFB Communications Team; takes photos of events;.
- Proactively handles any arising issues and troubleshoots any emerging problems on event day;
- Reports back on condition of inventory, collateral and vehicle, and advises to order new supplies when required;
- Provides event feedback, including post-event wrap up reports;
- Obtains advance written approval (email or text) by Manager for additional expenses that may be required to successfully execute the event;
- Provides detailed invoices/original receipts for all costs and expenses incurred on behalf of the GVFB event;
- And any duties as assigned;
What we need:
- Post-secondary education in events management, fundraising, public relations, retail or customer service and/or equivalent combination of training and professional experience;
Street team experience an asset;
- A willingness to wear branded GVFB clothing as provided;
- Must be able to work flexible hours weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays – occasionally on short notice;
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check(with vulnerable persons) and a valid class 5 driver’s license with a submitted clean driving abstract;
- High energy, superior people skills, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public;
- Must be able to take initiative and self – manage; independent problem solver;
- Outstanding organizational skills, works well under tight deadline and time pressures;
- Good listener, accepts direction well;
- A willingness to be photographed and promoted on GVFB entities; ability to contribute to social media entities at events (training provided);
- Ability to perform physical aspects of the role, lifting boxes of up to 40 lbs;
Interested? We want to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume in a one Word document to [email protected].