How it works:
- The week prior to the Food Drive, volunteers organized by the BC Thanksgiving Food Drive, will leave environmentally friendly, paper donation bags on the doorsteps of more than 38,000 households in our catchment area – Vancouver, Burnaby, North Vancouver and New Westminster.
- Residents who choose to participate are asked to leave the donation bag of non-perishable food items on their doorsteps in a spot visible from the street. Much needed items include canned fish, fruit (in its own juices or water) and beans.
- Donation bags left outside on Saturday, September 16, will be picked up from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- If your donation does not get picked up by 1 p.m., please email: [email protected] with your address, postal code and phone number. Volunteers will make every effort to pick up your donation by 4 p.m.
- Residents who would like to make a monetary donation can donate funds online to the Citywide Virtual Food Drive.
- Non-perishable food donations may also be brought to participating Save-on-Foods.
- Please click on the map for participating locations:
- We could not make access to healthy, nutritious food possible without your help! Thank you for your support.
- Every week 26,500 people access our services at locations in Vancouver, Burnaby, North Vancouver, and New Westminster.
- 20% are children and 19% are seniors.
- Each year, we distribute 4.1 million pounds of food.
Thank you to our volunteers and partners: