How it works:
- The week prior to the Food Drive, volunteers organized by the BC Thanksgiving Food Drive, will leave environmentally-friendly, paper donation bags on the doorsteps of over 38,000 households in our catchment area – Vancouver, Burnaby, North Vancouver, and New Westminster.
- Residents who choose to participate are asked to leave the donation bag of non-perishable food items on their doorsteps in a visible spot from the street. Much needed items include canned fish, fruit (in its own juices or water) and beans.
- Donation bags left outside on Saturday, September 17th will be picked up from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- If your donation does not get picked up by 1 p.m., please email: [email protected] with your address, postal code and phone number. Volunteers will make every effort to pick up your donation by 4 p.m.
- Residents who would like to make a monetary donation can donate funds online to the Citywide Virtual Food Drive.
- Non-perishable food donations may also be brought to participating Save-on-Foods.
- Please click on the map for participating locations:
- We could not make access to healthy, nutritious food possible without your help! Thank you for your support.
- Every week 26,500 people access our services at locations in Vancouver, Burnaby, North Vancouver, and New Westminster.
- 20% are children and 19% are seniors.
- Each year, we distribute 4.1 million pounds of food.
Thank you to our volunteers and partners: